FET is one of the key Funding Bodies in Fife awarding grants for community, environmental and heritage projects across Scotland to benefit the lives of those living in the vicinity of landfill sites and/or waste transfer stations.
The main areas of work (‘Objects’) that qualify for funding are as follows:
- Object A: The reclamation, remediation, restoration or other operation on land to facilitate economic, social or environmental use.
- Object B: Community based recycling, re-use and waste prevention projects.
- Object C: To provide, maintain or improve a public park or other public amenity.
- Object D: The conservation or promotion of biological diversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of a natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat.
- Object E: The maintenance, repair or restoration of a building, other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious worship, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public.
Priority is given to projects that demonstrate partnership working, community involvement and/or innovative use of amenities to enhance, maintain or introduce real community led social, economic or environmental improvements.
If you are unsure if your project is eligible for funding please click the following link and complete the questions on the project eligibility assessment tool. Alternatively you can complete the enquiry form in the ‘Contact us’ section of this website.
Please take a few minutes to explore our website and find out how funding from the Fife Environment Trust could benefit your community. Project images can be found in the ‘Gallery’ section.
Applications for the Large Grants Scheme can be submitted twice per annum. The next closing date for the submission of large grant applications to FET is the last working day in September 2020. The Board will consider the applications submitted by the end of September deadline at a meeting of the Trust scheduled for late November 2020.
Applications for the Small Grants Scheme (requests up to £10,000) can be submitted at any time. Small Grant applications are considered by the Trust on a rolling basis.